Saturday, January 15, 2011

Flight to Bangkok

    It felt like another dimension when i stepped on the flight to Seoul. Beautiful stewardesses, magazines in chicken scratch, and tofu; It's fair to say i was in lust. I was probably one of the only Caucasians on the flight, but it was an interesting turn of the tables. The stewardesses motioned me to the coach area ," sur! peese! E foty."
 "wuh", "Foty sur! Foty! yew undewstand?"
Everyone was stuffing their carry-ons into the overhead in preparation for the next 18 hours of stagnancy. I finally found my seat in the middle of two jovial looking Korean business men, they gave me a wry smile and let me into my seat which was inconveniently sandwiched between the both of them.
           My heart was pounding like a Cuban bongo drum and with each heartbeat i grew more anxious of the trip. Remember when your were a six year old kid experiencing Christmas for the first time? Having sex? It was one of those nervous, yet i can't believe I'm doing this feelings. The endorphins were freely flowing and that moment made the last 22 years of life worth every second.
                     The flight can't be romanticized too much because after the initial five hour high of movies, peanuts, and stewardesses wore off i realized i had 14 more hours before i landed. As much as you try to fall asleep in coach or get your own personal space, you quickly realize you and  200 other people are screwed  thinking the exact same thing, " these seats suck, my neck hurts, and the food is five weeks old. After dealing with the initial high and then coming back to reality i was ready too meet the new James. 10,0000 miles from New York
 with blue skies  and a beer in front of me; bring it on!


                          

No comments:

Post a Comment